Its a competition so therefore its a sport.
"an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc."
i dont think id have a problem with neckcar if they didnt call it a "sport"
anything where a machine is the "athlete" isnt a sport to me
if you can handle the aspect of it being hot as hell during the summer and wearing a heavy suit (look at firemen for example)........anybody can drive a car.......but they didnt compete in a "sporting event"
firemen wear heavy suits in hot conditions too........does that mean they are "athletes" who compete in a "sport" everytime they go into a fire? not at all
it doesnt require any special athletic ability
all it requires is mental concentration and reaction but athletically it isnt like baseball or football......both of which are "sports"
i consider it to be an "event" like a concert or broadway play
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
Its a competition so therefore its a sport.
"an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc."
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I think of Nascar in the same way I think of Golf. it's a competition and a sport but you don't really have to be an athlete to compete
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
golf is a hobby
if i can play golf and im a fat, sloppy out of shape slob.........that doesnt count as a sport
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a competition so therefore its a sport.</div></div>
i disagree
you can have a singing competition........singing isnt a sport
a beauty pageant is a competition.......also not a sport
see where im going with this?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc."</div></div>
again.......what part of driving a car is considered an "athletic activity" or requires "physical prowess"
if i could handle sitting in a car that long in the heat.......i could race.......and when it comes to "physical prowess".......i well.......again im sure you are smart enough to see where im going with this too
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
i disagree. you have to be athletic to play golf. I mean think about it, anyone can go and hit a golf ball out of shape or even throw a football or shoot a basketball too but you wont do it well. Golf is an entirely different sport and requires different talent compared to football and basketball for instance.
I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13
you dont need to be athletic to play golf
im a fairly good golfer and im not exactly close to athletic at this point in my life
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
fairly good to you might be horrible to another. Anyone can play a sport and i know several people that are over weight and out of shape that can shoot a basketball great and knock the piss out of a baseball.
I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13
i shoot low 80s on average
hows that to you?
fairly good.....or does it suck?
again notice i said "fairly good" and not great
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
How often do you walk 18 holes for 4 days competing against someone in golf? Also, its more than just setting in a car for that long in the heat. Its sustaining the Gs, reflexes. You won't find too many clutzes in Nascar. Most of those guys are pretty dang athletic.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
also just playing around and playing in tournaments is completely different. but as far as golf goes thats pretty bad.again you see the people on tour and you say they are not athletic... thats hard to say.
I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13
Bookmarks